The anticipated schedule:
6:30- go over basics with beginners
6:45-8:30 build up repertoire of simpler dances
8:45-9:30 Intermediate dances which beginners are very welcome to try
9:30- Clean up and say goodbye
It's a social sort of dance... I think of it as a larger version of one of my house parties. Thus, edibles are very welcome. Be prepared to meet and dance with new people. Feel free to bring new people! And RSVP if you want a reminder and any updates. Send me your e-mail if you want to be added to the invite list for future dances.
Organizing dances is new to me, and as there are currently just two of us putting the dance on, help is very welcome. I'd guesstimate a need for...
- 2-4 people for set-up... involves moving whatever furniture is covering our dance floor, setting up snack table and gathering area, and any other arranging,
- 4 people for after-dance clean-up (mostly the food table) and closing up,
- people bringing goodies and drinks,
- people who are willing to learn to teach a dance (if you're local, I'll work through it with you ahead of time!),
- musicians who would be willing to play a tune or two (we do have recorded music and access to a lovely sound-system, but live music would be more than welcome!),
- other currently unspecified helpers
If you're not local, give me a heads-up and I'll point you in the direction of people coming from the same city/town if I can.